Classified as an urban conservation area, Regent Street is home to some of Maitland’s monumental mansion’s like Benhome and Cintra House.
Cintra (which can be seen in the right hand corner of this photograph taken in 1955) was designed by Hunter architectural firm of J.W. Pender and completed in 1878.
The two-storey villa, including garden and stables, has strong links to Maitland’s Jewish community having been designed for the famous Jewish merchant families of Levy and Cohen.
Full article available at Maitland Mercury, June 21, 2014.