A chronological list of all activities is now available for online viewing and bookings here. You can also phone Monday to Saturday during office hours on 9247 3953 or book over the desk during library hours Tuesday to Thursday and Saturday.
All activities are held at Richmond Villa, 120 Kent Street unless otherwise specified.
- Thursday 5 June (8.00pm - 9.00pm AEST) - Webinar - Family Tree Maker for Beginners - using them for research success!
Just bought Family Tree Maker software and don’t know how to use it? Join VICGUM’s, John Donaldson for this beginners session on how to use this ever popular software program for recording your family history. Bookings essential and limited to SAG members only. Price $10.00.
- Thursday 12 June (10.30am - 12.30pm) - Writing Discussion Group - June
Quotations, Abbreviations, Numbers, Dates, Italics, Punctuation. Do you know how to use them correctly or are you guilty of the greengrocers' apostrophe? Bookings Essential. $8 ($12 non-members).
- Saturday 14 June (10.30am - 12.30pm) - Greatest Hits - SRNSW Top 20
This talk will examine 20 of the most popular and useful record series for family historians held as State archives. Have you consulted these in your research? Come along and make sure you have not overlooked a record series which could be useful. Presenter - Gail Davis, State Records NSW. Bookings essential. $20 ($30 non-members).
- Saturday 21 June (10.30am - 12.30pm) - UK Criminal Records - Jeremy Palmer
A convict ancestor’s arrival was the end of a process which left many records for today’s family historians. Quarter Session and Assize records, along with local newspapers and other UK sources can help establish your convict ancestor’s origins and the circumstances which brought him/her to this country. Presenter - Jeremy Palmer. Bookings essential. $20 ($30 non-members).
- Thursday 26 June (10.30am - 12.30pm) - Getting Started on Your Family History - Members Only
For new members with no family history research experience. Learn the basics of how to start researching, what to do, and where to find and ask for help. Members Only. Bookings Essential and limited to 10. Cost $10.00.
- Thursday 26 June (8.00pm - 9.00pm AEST) - Webinar - Tracing Tasmanian Convicts
Join Dr Dianne Snowden, an expert on Tasmanian research, as she explains the records and resources available for tracing your Tasmanian convict ancestor. Bookings essential and limited to SAG members only. Price $10.00.
- Saturday 28 June (10.30am - 12.30pm) - Find Your Ancestor's Land - Carole Riley
Many of our ancestors owned a house or a farm. This session will show you what records are available and how to find them. We will start with the ancestor’s name and general place of residence and work through some examples of land searches and the resulting titles, deeds, rate books, maps and plans. Note - a Troubleshooting Group workshop will be held the same afternoon - see separate event below. Presenter: Carole Riley. Bookings essential. $20 ($30 non-members).
- Saturday 28 June (1.30pm - 3.30pm) - NSW Land Research: Troubleshooting Group Workshop - Carole Riley
An opportunity to work through your ‘land problem’ in a group workshop, drawing on what you’ve learned in the morning session. Carole Riley will address your specific land research problems utilising online resources where possible. Bookings essential. Presenter: Carole Riley. Bookings essential. $20 ($30 non-members).