From the Maitland Mercury report:
An original Maitland flood boat used to rescue stranded victims in the 1949 and 1955 floods will be on display at the Newcastle Maritime Museum in March.
It once belonged to Maitland City Council and was refurbished by Ron Haug in 2007.
The boat was found at Maitland High School while Grahame Tumpane was working on a project there.
With the help of Bob Hayman and Marilyn Bliss the boat was moved to Mr Hayman’s house at Lambton, then to Coal Point and finally Kilaben Bay.
Full article available at Maitland Mercury,