From the Maitland Mercury report:
The original 1890 bell that rang at the start and end of school every day has been unearthed and given a new lease of life at Telarah Public School.
The bell was discovered under one of the school’s older classrooms in time for it to be restored and placed on show for the school’s 125th anniversary celebrations later this year.
Principal Tony Gadd rescued the bell this year from the dust and grime under the classroom.
“It has been cleaned and restored and Maitland Historical Society has been to have a look and confirmed it is an original bell about 150 years old.
Full article available at Maitland Mercury, March 4, 2015.