From ABC News:
The Richmond Vale Rail Museum was in the path of a devastating fire near Cessnock yesterday.
The scale of the damage was realised at first light today, when emotional volunteers gathered at the site to survey damage.
Director Graham Smith said there were now asbestos fears, with the substance dropping out of some carriages, prompting Fire and Rescue NSW to declare it a hazardous material site.
"And until they clear the site neither our members nor members of the public will be admitted," he said.
Mr Smith said the damage was worse than first thought and described it as utter devastation.
Full article available at ABC News 14 Sept. 2017