Friday, July 14, 2017

End of an Era For ‘Australian Family Tree Connections’ Magazine?

It was only back in a couple of months ago that Australia’s Inside History magazine made the announcement to cease printing. Now we have more big (but very sad) news from Australian genealogy magazine scene.
The following comes from Michele Stephens, Editor of the Australian Family Tree Connections Magazine and was written in the June 2017 issue.
“It is with a very heavy heart that I have to announce this is the last issue I will be editing. Unfortunately, I am not well and must do something I thought I would never do … retire!
As you know, this magazine has been my passion since I created it 25 years ago and I always envisaged publishing and editing it until the end of my days but, sadly, that is not to be. I need to slow down and learn to enjoy taking it easy – a challenge, as I was simply not built to be idle!
Of course, before I step down forever, I will be doing everything in my power to enable the magazine to continue ‘under new management’ which might even include a ‘hand over’ period where I function for a few months as ‘consulting editor’. All options are open for consideration.My inconvenient health, of course means that there may be a delay between this and the next issue, however I will keep you updated via our website.